Apple iPhone 5 debuts with a comparatively thinner, lighter and with a bigger screen than the previous model iPhone 4S.
With a 4-inch Retina display, an iSight camera and access to speedier wireless network, this gorgeously slim iPhone 5 is an overhaul over Samsung Electronics and Google.
Running on iOS 6, the World’ most advanced mobile operating system, Apple is ready to sweep the 200+ billion smartphone market.
I am going to tell you, Why iPhone 5 is an object of desire, despite a number of other available smartphones.
Features of iPhone 5
1. Screen Size: With a 4 inch Retina display and 1136 x 640 resolution iPhone 5 rocks! The previous version of iPhone 4S was 3.5 inch display with 960 x 640 resolution.
More display means more to see. The taller screen of iPhone 5 makes room for another row of icons. With iPhone 5 – Playing games, reading documents, watching multimedia, and using Apps is incredibly vivid and lifelike. For big-time entertainment, iPhone 5 lets you watch widescreen HD video in all its glory.
It’s 7.6 millimeters thin and weighs just 112 grams. The beautiful outer casing is made of glass and aluminum.
2. Operating System: Runs on iOS 6, Apple’s latest version of mobile OS. With Siri, plenty of built-in apps and more than 200 new features make the things you do every day even better.
It boasts a new mapping software, which will guide turn-by-turn voice navigation by the virtual assistant Siri.
3. Hardware Specifications: With A6 Quad-core processor you can surf web, launch Apps and send Email attachments at lightening speed. Twice as fast as compared to A5 chip.
A6 chip offers awesome graphics performance making your games more realistic. Available storage capacity 16/32 /64 GB is sufficient enough to store your favorite Apps, multimedia and files.
4. Battery Life: Up to 8 hrs of browsing, 8 hrs of talk time and up to 10 hrs of video playback time is more than enough to last your battery throughout the day. It offers 8 hrs of 3G talk time and 225 hrs in standby mode.
5. Connectivity: iPhone 5 means next-generation wireless connectivity.
Supports 4G LTE and browse, download, and stream content at ultrafast speeds. It can accelerates your Wi-Fi experience up to 150 Mbps.
6. Camera: iSight - World’s most popular camera for iPhone 5. The rear 8 MP camera captures jaw-dropping shots and record stunning 1080p HD videos. You can also use the front camera for taking self-portraits or recording 720p HD video.
7. Apple EarPods: Experience improved audio with breakthrough earbud headphones. It’s designed with three microphones: one on the front, one on the back, and one on the bottom.
So when you hold iPhone up to your ear in a loud room, you hear what matters most: the voice on the other end.
8. Lightning Connector: It’s smaller, smarter and better. It features an all-digital, eight-signal design that’s significantly more durable than the 30-pin connector.
One more advantage of lightning connector is it’s reversible. Which means there’s no wrong way to plug in the cable.
9. Siri: Siri is the intelligent assistant that helps you get things done, just by asking. Siri not only understands what you say, it knows what you mean.
It figures out the right apps to use to find the right answer. Then, just like a personal assistant, Siri provides you with
With iOS 6, Siri understands more questions, knows more answers, and gives you a lot more to talk about. Ask Siri about sports scores and stats, where to eat, what movies to see — even ask Siri to make Facebook posts or tweet for you. And Siri is fluent in more languages, so it does more things in more countries.
10. iCloud: iCloud is built right into iPhone 5. Just turn it on and you’ll have instant access to all the things you need, whether you’re on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, or PC.
Inbuilt Apps – Passbook, Facetime, Mail, Safari, App Store, iTunes, Game Center, Find My iPhone, Newsstand and Voice Memos are few preinstalled built in Apps come with iPhone 5.
AirPlay – Put what’s on your iPhone on your HDTV. AirPlay wirelessly streams content from your iPhone to Apple TV, so you can watch it on the big screen.
Turn on AirPlay Mirroring, and whatever you do on your iPhone — tapping and scrolling, playing a game, even typing — appears on your HDTV at the same time.
AirPrint – Print right from your iPhone over Wi-Fi with AirPrint. There’s no software to download, no drivers to install, and no cables to connect. With just a few taps in Mail, Photos, Safari, or iBooks, you can send whatever’s onscreen to an AirPrint-enabled printer.
Price: It costs $199 to $399 in US.
First launch countries are Canada, UK, Australia, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan and Singapore.
A week later, on Sep 21, the phone will be available in 22 more countries, including Italy, Poland, Spain and INDIA. Prices for overseas locations were not announced.