WordCamp Mumbai 2012! Hurray!!
Yes, WordCamp is coming to India for the 4th time. Interestingly 2nd time in year 2012.
This time the event will be held at Mumbai on 20th-21st October. Mumbai, also known as “The city of dream and joy” and my home town will be the meeting place of WordPress enthusiasts from India and abroad.
WordCamp: An informal gathering of WordPress lovers to spread the word, exchange knowledge about the existing and newer developments in WordPress world, and moreover, a place to meet like-minded people from WordPress community.
WordCamp Mumbai 2012 – Organizer and Programme
Organizer: Driven by Indiblogger.in, India’s largest and best blogger’s community with help and support from Sumit Gupta and Piyush Kumar Jain, two WordPress enthusiasts who blog @ HomeForGeeks.com, currently pursuing 3rd year engineering degree.
Programme: With an Official tag-line of “Learn.Grow.Build” the organizers have done a great job by bringing almost 17 speakers under one roof, who are top notch experts of WordPress from India and abroad.
These are the speakers who will share their knowledge with both users and developers. Don’t you feel yourself lucky to meet all these experts on a single dice?
20th Oct – Day 1, From 9 am to 7 pm.
21st Oct – Day 2, From 9 am to 6 pm
Two simultaneous sessions called User Track and Developer Track will be conducted on both the days.
User Track is for WordPress users who deal with mainly the usability aspects or front-end. This group consists of usually bloggers, both novices as well as veterans.
Developer Track is meant for WordPress developers who deal with the back-end like themes, plugins etc.
1. Prajyot Mainkar: Going Responsive with HTML 5.
2. Suresh Kumar: Art of Video Blogging
3. Ajeet Khurana: Scaling Up your Blogging Business – Going from $1 to $ 1 million.
4. Gaurav Singh: Google, You and WordPress.
5. Prasad Shejale: Online Marketing Simplified.
6. Nishtha Dixit: Powering Brands Using WordPress.
7. Puneet Sahalot: Scaling Up your WordPress Site on Cloud.
8. Ajay Patel: Premium Plugin Development.
9. R Bhavesh: Lessons learnt in 5 years journey of running a WordPress company.
10. Jaydip Parikh: Social Media Starter.
11. Shashank Chinchli: Internationalize / Localize WP Themes and Plugins.
12. Nitesh Singh: Social Search for WP
13. Soumya Pratihari: Why Blog and Why WordPress for it?
14. Philip Moore: Theme Development with _ s.
He is an employee @ Automattic, which runs WordPress.com. He is a WordPress theme developer and the lone speaker from abroad.
15. Rahul Banker: 30 Things you did not know you could do with newly installed WordPress.
My wish as a speaker: I would’ve love to be a speaker @ WordCamp Mumbai 2012 for users as well as theme developers. But I think the organizers don’t think I’m so talented or capable of that job. Just KIDDING
Venue and Tickets
ADDRESS: Prabodhan Thakre Natya Mandir, Sodawala Lane
Chamunda Circle, Borivali West (Mumbai)
TICKETS: 2 Full sessions + Light Breakfast + Lunch + T-Shirt = Rs. 1500 Only.
You can register yourself for either User Track or Developer Track.
DISCOUNTS: Indiblogger Members – Use the Coupon Code INDIBLOGGER or IndiBlogger to get a discount of Rs. 600/-
Non-Indibloggers – Use the Coupon Code WCMUMBAI to get a discount of Rs. 500/-
Let’s buy yourself a ticket here.
Past WordCamps in India
1st Wordcamp: First ever WordCamp in India was organized in Feb 2009 at Delhi, attended by Matt Mullenweg, the founder of WordPress.
2nd WordCamp: India hosted Wordcamp for the 2nd time in Oct 2011 at Jabalpur.
3rd WordCamp: For the 3rd time India hosted WordCamp at Cuttack, Odissa in Mar 2012.
Attending a WordCamp is an amazing thing for any WordPress lover. No matter he or she is a blogger, developer, company blog owner or simply an enthusiast.
It’s an eye-opener. Meeting like-minded people, gaining knowledge from experts and speaking to fellow bloggers is like a dream come true. WordCamp is finally coming to Mumbai, India with lots of Promise, Dream and Enthusiasm.
WordCamp Mumbai 2012 ROCKS!!