Google has made a major changes in its search algorithm in June – July 2012, to improve the search quality.
It has posted a list of 86 changes on its Official Blog -Inside Search.
Google usually shares the list of algorithm changes on its Official blog, every now and then. But, this time, the search giant made the SEO world to wait for a couple of months.
Among the giant list of changes, Project Code name “ Page Quality ” is a search algo changes meant for Google Panda.
To promote high quality sites and pages Google has -
1. Incorporated new data in to the Panda algorithm.
2. Launched a data refresh for the Panda high-quality sites algorithm.
3. launched Panda on Google.co.jp and Google.co.kr to promote more high-quality sites for users in Japan and Korea.
Few more noteworthy search algorithm changes by Google are -
4. Updated a signal for Google Images to help return more on-topic image search results.
5. Data refresh for system used to better understand and search for long-tail queries.
6. Updated Safe Search algorithms to better detect adult content.
7. Improves display of the flights search feature.
8. To improve the quality of image results, we filter tiny, unhelpful images at the bottom of our image results pages.
9. When you search for directions to or from a location on your mobile device without specifying the start point, we’ll return results starting from your current position.
10. This is a bug fix to a freshness algorithm. This change turns off a freshness algorithm component in certain cases when it should not be affecting the results.
11. Updates a model we use to help you find high-quality pages with unique content.
What’s your opinion about the above changes? Do you think Google has missed out anything?