Have you Search Engine Optimize your Facebook fan page?
Your answer is most probably a big NO. Don’t worry, when it comes to Facebook or Facebook page, nobody bother to SEO it.
In reality, if you really want a serious traffic and brand-awareness about your business, blogs or products, then you have to optimize your Facebook page for better ranking on Search Engine Result Pages (SERPs).
Facebook pages are an extensions of your main websites or blogs to the world of social media. It’s a mini advertizing of your company or brand to 900 million Facebook users worldwide.
To win the trust of search engines (Google, Yahoo or Bing) and Facebook users (your fans), you have to SEO your Fan page to rank higher and acquire likes. Never forget, each Facebook like is considered as a confidence vote and sends a +Ve signal to search engines for ranking higher.
I am going to tell you, what exactly you have to do to SEO your Facebook page.
How to SEO your Facebook page
1. Custom Username: After creating your Facebook page under a proper category and sub-category, claim your User Name for better branding. Your user name should be your company name or brand name, not your personal name.
2. Killer information: Fill-up the about section with greater care. It should be short, appealing and informative. Mention the name of the Founder, date of foundation and URL of your company or site at appropriate places of the page.
3. Link your Fan page and website: Interlink your Facebook Page with your website for reciprocal traffic and better customer engagement. You can use these Facebook plugins on your websites or use an HTML code to hyperlink a Facebook icon on your site to your Facebook page.
The problem of using plugin is it never redirects a visitor to your Facebook page (only for likes,sends,recommends etc.). Along with the plugin, you should place a hyperlink on your site (Facebook icon or texts) with the help of HTML code.
The idea is to promote your Facebook fan page to your website audience.
The HTML code should looks like <a href=“http://www.facebook.com/facebook-page-name”>Brand Name</a>.
4. Quality content and links for better SEO: Content is again KING here on Facebook. If your page has an awesome cover photo, and even better and informative content related to your field or niche, likes will definitely follow (flow).
Likes are just like links for your pages. And, every link sends a signal to Google (SEs) for authenticity or authority. If the like (link) is from a famous Social Media Influencer, your page gains higher confidence in the eyes of search engines, leading to higher placements.
5. Use of Facebook insights: Analyzing your Facebook data with Facebook insights is important to know the effectiveness of the page as well as the steps required for better SEO.
Facebook has recently tied-up with Distilled.net, an Online Marketing Company and launched a VIDEO to educate Facebook page users, how to Search Engine Optimize their brand pages for better performance and results.
Is your Facebook page is ranking next to your company on Google search? The aim here is to rank your Facebook fan page on 2nd slot of SERP, I mean, when somebody searches your brand name on search engine, your company should appear on the top followed by your Facebook page on 2nd position.
So, what are you waiting for folks! SEO your Facebook page and reap the benefits of social media traffic, today!